We are delighted to showcase this striking series of strong contemporary limited edition works from the Cumbria-based artist, Lily Greenwood.
A statement from the Artist regarding the work:
"The subject matter of my paintings is rooted in my love of nature. My interest in the natural world began from an early age, growing up in rural Cumbria. I try to create paintings which strive towards beauty, and the happiness which that beauty can instill in the viewer. My work is also further influenced by eighteenth century print-makers such as Hokusai and Hiroshige, with their strong yet never garish colour palettes, and the beautiful patterns employed in Japanese kimono design.
My trademark technique, developed over a number of years, is to use reproductions of my own paintings as collage material on the canvas. I continuously add to my own library of ‘source’ paintings, which are then reproduced and cut out ready to create a finished piece. The canvas backgrounds are painted with acrylics. When the collage has been secured in place, I use washes of inks, and may then apply other additional painted or drawn details. Finally a clear gloss varnish is applied, securing the collage, adding an opulent lustre, and bringing out the depth of colour".
Information on the prints
- All editions hand signed and numbered by the artist.
- Printed with Epson Ultrachrome light, fast inks onto 255g/m² Somerset® Enhanced Fine Art Inkjet Paper Material, as approved by the Fine Art Trade Guild.
- Ingredients: 100% cotton
- Longevity Of Inks and Paper: Over 75 years
- Acid free, Fade resistant & Archival
- Low OBAs (Optical Brightening Agents)